How to Grow Business by Leaving a Great Impression
Category: Business | Date: October 2020
Sure, cars, houses, and gadgets can impress people. But leaving a lasting, positive impression comes from much more than the stuff you have. If you really want to impress people, hit them with a positive, can-do attitude. And remember, people who are impressed are more likely to buy.
Keys to a Good Impression
- Keep positive: Most people don’t want to hear about your problems, especially in business. You are there to solve THEIR problems. Let them know you will deliver what they want, when they want it and you’ll do it all with a smile on your face.
- Be early: When you’re meeting a client or prospect, show up a little early and take some time to relax before the start of your meeting. Rushing around in traffic produces stress and that will show in your body language. Be early so you can take a few minutes to calm down and focus. The person you’re meeting will feel they have your full attention.
- Show respect: Always remember who pays your bills. Your clients are the key to your success. Sure, clients can be frustrating but you know what? So can you. Always show you respect your clients so you can earn their respect, and loyalty, in return.
- React positively: Bad things happen all the time. People are impressed by those who react positively even in bad situations.
- Be honest: If you do something wrong, own up to your mistake. Your clients can see through your excuses, you’re not fooling anyone. Admit your mistake, apologize, and work hard to fix the problem.
- Give freely: Do things that have no gain for you. Whether it’s charity, a random act of kindness, or a simple thank you note, being giving of yourself will leave the greatest positive impression of all.
There are two sorts of emotions: positive ones and negative ones. People who can turn a negative into a positive with a can-do attitude leave the greatest impressions. Great impressions lead to great business. Always look on the bright side of life and you are guaranteed a sunny day.